25 Fun Farm Crafts for Kids
If you are entering a farm unit or visiting a local farm, its probably time to bring out the farm crafts for kids.
Crafts are a great item to add into a unit plan before and after the bulk of the learning. Creating a craft can introduce young children to the topic, and affirm what they have recently learned! If you are looking for some farm themed crafts, these adorable farm crafts are perfect for your unit or lesson plans.
Old MacDonald Crafts
Little farmers and those learning the Old MacDonald song will love these crafts! Any craft on this post will fit well with an Old MacDonald lesson plan or unit. These are just a few that were specifically made with Old MacDonald in mind! Whether you are looking for a barn, truck, tractor, or farm animal craft, you will find something that fits well with what you need.
These farm craft ideas would be the perfect addition to these Old MacDonald printables.
- Old MacDonald had a Pig: This simple craft has you turn a cute, little footprint into a tractor with wheels!
- Popsicle Stick Farm Trucks: This cute farm craft requires popsicle sticks, and lets you load up any fruit or vegetable you like in the back of the truck!
- Popsicle Stick Barn: Grab some red paper, popsicle sticks, hay, and farm animal stickers! With all of those materials, little creators can make their big red barn look however they like.
- Easy Farm Animal Puppets: These cute little farm animals are made on spoons and perfect for practicing your animals sounds and encouraging pretend play.
- Farm Themed Sensory Bin: If you are looking for simple farm sensory play, take a look at this for some sensory bin inspiration.
- Old MacDonald Toilet Paper Roll Animals: These toilet paper roll animals use all sorts of materials to add a little texture and variety to each animal!
- Old MacDonald Dancing Farm Animals: Whether you work with 4 year olds or 9 year olds, your little creatives will love this craft. It comes with a free printable, so no worries if drawing animals is not your area of expertise!
Easy Fun Farm Crafts
These farm activities and cute farm animals crafts are perfect for any age. Plenty of them are a fun and simple way to create farm animals. If you are looking for something different, there is even a corn craft and a couple of barn and tractor crafts!
- Paper Circle Farm Animals: If you are looking for the easiest farm craft ever, this is the one.
- Handprint Duck: A personalized duck? Perfect for take home crafts. Use googly eyes for the face for an added element!
- Fingerprint Sheep: Dipping fingerprints in white paint for the wool is a simple idea, and great for sensory learners.
- Easy Paper Farm Animals: This farm animal craft comes with inexpensive farm animal templates.
- Footprint Tractor: This is such a creative way to use a foot print!
- Paper Pate Twirly Pig: These paper plate pigs would be so much fun to see hanging around a classroom!
- Chicken Handprint: This one is easy peasy, and only requires construction paper and markers.
- Cardboard Tube Baby Chicks: Toilet paper roll craft? Check! These little chicks are adorable!
- Paper Plate Cow: Paper plate crafts are so easy and fun! Make this simple cow’s head with stuff you already have on hand!
- Spinning Chicken: These “spinning” chickens will have students and children entertained and engaged for hours!
- Peek-a-boo Barn: This barn craft is perfect if you are looking for a simple paper craft.
- Cheerio Corn: This fun craft is a great way to use up your cheerios.
- Sheep Shearing Craft: Let’s work on those fine motor skills and pretend play! Children will love using their hands while they pretend to be farmers shearing their sheep!
- Handprint Lamb: Handprints are a great way to make any craft a little more personal.
- These Little Piggies: Putting paint on feet may be a little messy, but this craft is so simple. Grab a black marker and draw a pig face on those toes!
- Muddy Pig Craft: Once the pig is made, children and students can get as creative as they would like with their muddy paint!
- Paper Plate Sheep Mask: A fun activity and simple craft for pretend play.
Popular Farm Animals
Many of the crafts above can be easily modified to make popular farm animal crafts. For example, rather than making a paper plate sheep mask, your kids can make a paper plate pig mask.
Here is a list of popular farm animals along with a simple fact about each animal. Be sure to check out our Fun Facts for Kids series.
- Cows– Cows can only remember the past three years of their life.
- Sheep– One female sheep produces enough wool to make a fancy suit!
- Pigs – Pigs are the 4th most intelligent animal! They are right behind chimpanzees, dolphins, and elephants.
- Chickens– Some chickens can lay blue or green eggs!
- Goats– Goats do not have teeth on their upper jaw!
- Horses– Horses can sleep standing up!
- Geese– A male goose is called a gander. A group of geese is called a gaggle!
- Ducks – Duck feathers are waterproof!
Before you go, here are a few posts you’ll love: