Table of Contents
Kids love color by code worksheets, but I bet you’d love free color by code printables even more!
It’s no surprise that kids love coloring, which is why color code pages are a fun way to integrate skills with creativity.
The color by code activities highlighted in this post are perfect to practice prek, kindergarten, and first grade language arts and math skills.
First, let’s look at different ways you can incorporate color by code worksheets into your school day. Then, I’ll share the different skills young children gain from color code worksheets.
Last, at the bottom of the post, you will find a collection of free printable worksheets and color by codes you can purchase in the Little Learning Corner shop.
How to Use Color By Code Worksheets
Teachers and homeschool parents are finding many ways to use printable coloring pages as educational activities. After all, the combination of literacy skills and math skills are perfect for early education.
Here are ways you can use color by code worksheets with your kids.
- Morning work: Before staring your morning routine, these hidden pictures are a great way to ease them into a critical thinking activity.
- Centers: If you are rotating your kids through learning stations, these would be an easy way to assure you have a fun, skill reviewing, activity for them to do.
- Extra practice: After assessing your kids’ skills, you may find they need extra practice in certain areas. If, for example, they need to practice letter or number recognition, these are perfect for that!
- Homework: Simply print and send home in the kids’ folders. The best part about these worksheets are the parents will know how to help them with it (if needed). Unlike some of the new math homework going home.
- Early Finisher Tasks: If you know; you know. Early finishers can get bored quickly without something to do. A color-by-number activity is a perfect task for your early finishers!
- Sub Lesson Plans: Substitute teachers often need easy, no-prep, activities that review skills the kids already know.
Skills Gained from Color by Code Worksheets
Depending on the color coding of each worksheet, there are different skills your kids can benefit from. Truly, there are limitless skills that can be covered with color by code worksheets.
- Visual discrimination: space color
- Fine motor skills: hand muscles
- Color recognition
- Color word recognition
- Concepts of drawing and coloring
- Stimulated visual memory
- Reinforce skilled lessons
Popular Types of Color by Code Printables
In preschool, prek, kindergarten, and first grade, you will find color by codes for the following skills:
- Letter recognition
- Number recognition
- Basic colors
- Color words
- Sight words
- CVC words
- Short vowel and long vowels
- Beginning sounds
- Basic addition problems
- Basic subtraction problems
There are endless skills, but those are the most popular skills covered on these coloring worksheets.
Free Printable Color by Codes
To help you keep learning fun for kids, I have 6 complete sets of FREE color by code printables for you to grab today.
EVERY OTHER MONTH IS FREE.
Whereas, the off months and nursery rhyme color by codes are available for a low price.
Every Monthly Set contains color by codes for:
- Alphabet letters
- Beginning sounds
- Sight Words
- Numbers to 10
- Numbers to 20
- Addition to 10
** TO GET YOUR FREE COLOR BY CODE WORKSHEETS, CLICK ON THE “FREE” IMAGES BELOW
January Color By Codes (FREE)
January Color by Codes are great for Winter, Martin Luther King (MLK day), New Years, and Arctic animals.
February Color By Codes
February Color by Codes are great for Winter, Valentines Day, and Groundhog’s Day. Grab them HERE or on Teachers Pay Teachers.
March Color By Codes (FREE)
March Color by Codes are great for Spring flowers, butterflies, and St. Patrick’s Day.
April Color By Codes
April Color by Codes are great for Spring, Easter, weather, and Earth Day.
May Color By Codes (FREE)
May Color by Codes are great for the end of the school year, summer, and patriotic themes.
June Color By Codes
June Color by Codes are great for End of year Summer packet, ocean themes, and more.
July Color By Codes (FREE)
July Color by Codes are great as a Summer packet, 4th of July, and more happy Summer themes.
August Color By Codes
August Color by Codes are great as a Summer or back to school activity.
September Color By Codes (FREE)
September Color by Codes are good for a Fall and Back to School packet.
October Color By Codes
October Color by Codes are great as a Fall and Halloween packet.
November Color By Codes (FREE)
November Color by Codes are great for Thanksgiving, Veteran’s Day, and Fall.
December Color By Codes
December Color by Codes are great for Christmas and Winter.
Before you go, here are more posts you’ll enjoy: