16 Kindness Bulletin Board Ideas
These kindness bulletin board ideas will give you all the inspiration to spread kindness in your classroom!
Encouraging children to be kind to one another is important, but not always easy. In fact, it’s not that easy for most adults to be kind to one another.
Sometimes, kids do a great job themselves and are a great reminder to us. While kindness is free, it is often not very easy. Giving young (and older!) minds a reminder on how important it is to be kind is a surefire way to create a pleasant environment at work and school.’
A pleasant and kind environment is an easy way to keep kindness going! Humans feed off each others’ kindness!
One way to reiterate how important and impactful it is to be kind? Visual reminders! School bulletin boards are often colorful and eye catching ways to get an important message across. Is your message currently centered around kindness?
Check out these ideas for random acts of kindness and kindness school bulletin board ideas!
Act of Kindness Ideas for Kids
- Hold the door open for the student or teacher behind you!
- Kindness Bookmark – Have these or something similar available in the library or classroom reading space. Children can use these as their own reminder to be kind. They could also leave them behind in the book once they are done as their own act of kindness. Another fun bookmark idea would be to have blank bookmarks available for children to write and color on. They could write a nice or encouraging message and leave them behind for future readers of that book.
- Kindness Tear Off Posters – Put these up in your own classroom to encourage different acts of kindness or make it a class activity! Students could color their own and put them up in the hallway all over school.
- Invite a new student or student who is by themself to sit or play with you!
- Leave encouraging post-it notes on bathroom mirrors.
- Help someone who is stuck on their classwork or homework.
- Clean up a mess that you did not make.
- Sharpen more than just your own pencil!
- Sort and organize the classroom library.
- Let someone skip you in line.
- Offer to hand out homework, paperwork, supplies, or snacks.
- Pick up litter outside your school or on a playground.
- Share toy, crayons, or other materials even if you had them first.
Positive Sayings for Bulletin Boards
- Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do. – John Wooden
- I think I can. I know I can.
- Kindness is never wasted.
- When you know better, you do better – Maya Angelou
- The simple act of caring is heroic. – Edward Albert
- Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
- Kindness begins with me.
- If you see someone without a smile, give them yours. – Dolly Parton
- Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. – Dalai Lama
- Be somebody who makes everyone feel like a somebody.
- To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. – Dr. Suess
- We rise by lifting others.
Kindness Door Display Ideas
A Person is a Person
This door display is perfect for younger students who love Dr. Suess!
We Stick Together
A collaborative classroom environment is important for everyones’s success.
One way to be kind? Saying thank you! Use this idea to say thank you to volunteers, teachers, and students who have recently showed kindness!
Be the Reason
This bulletin board kit is perfect if you are looking for a colorful way to add kindness into your classroom or hallway decor.
Students will love getting their hands a little messy for this colorful, kindness display.
This fun phrase always makes for a fun and colorful board or door display!
Interactive Kindness Bulletin Board Ideas
Be the “I” in Kind
Interactive bulletin boards are a great way for students to take ownership. This is the perfect bulletin board for any age – elementary through high school.
Take What You Need Post It wall
Easy peasy. Sticky notes and kind words.
Take What You Need Categories
The perfect way for students to get what they need. Confidence, love, friendship or whatever it is that they personally need.
Acts of Kindness Board
Kind acts usually domino into another kind action!
Fill a Bucket
This interactive board is a great way for students to say thank you to other students. Put pictures of your students or students’ names on individual buckets for this one.
Rainbow Kindness Boards
This Class is Sweet
This is a colorful, easy, and fun bulletin board display.
Throw Kindness Like Confetti
This is another cute idea for that fun phrase! An easy idea if you are going for a rainbow color scheme.
Be a Rainbow
Bright colors? Check!
Be a Rainbow (Chain)
This is an easy way for students to take notice of others’ acts of kindness. They get to make a paper chain of random acts of kindness for this one!
Rainbow Pool Noodle Board
Make a large rainbow out of pool noodles! This is easy classroom decor. Once you have the fun noodle rainbow done, gather some quotes about kindness and you are all set.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these kindness bulletin board ideas. Which one do you think you’ll try? Let me know in the comments below.
Before you go, here are more popular posts you’ll enjoy:
31 Clever Kids Book Storage Ideas
18 Transition Songs for the Classroom
600 Best Would You Rather Questions for Kids
35 Classroom Dr. Suess Quotes for Kids