Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
30 Easy Snowman Activities for Kindergarten
It’s time to celebrate Winter with these easy snowman activities for kindergarten!
Whether you live in a cold or warm climate, winter is so much fun for young children. Kids who live in the cold can have snowball fights, and may even get a snow day off of school! Whereas, those in warmer climates can wish for snow and a snowy day! Regardless of your location, winter can be exciting, and can lead to great learning opportunities for any kindergarten classroom.
Implementing a fun winter theme into lesson plans is a great way to keep students interested. If you check out the rest of this post, we have lists of snowman printables, poems, and crafts available for you. There are so many to choose from for in the classroom or at home with kids.
Parents and classroom teachers needs a large selection of both fun and structured activities for the classroom. Check below for amazing and unique snowman printable and winter bundles! These snowman activities for kindergarten are also great for preschoolers through first grade.
- This predictable reader is perfect for emergent readers. The story has a similar pattern to the Brown Bear Brown Bear books.
- This printable set is full of build a word printables, story response sheets, counting worksheets, and pages full of patterns.
- Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner. This story response sheet and graphic organizer was created for the book
- Snowmen at Night Read-Aloud Activities: Sharpen literacy skills with this printable or digital read-aloud lesson plan pack.
- These vocabulary word cards are illustrated. They are perfect to laminate and place on your word wall, in a writing center, or use in a pocket chart!
- Snowman and winter theme activities are not only for reading and literacy time!
- Seasonal writing activities are great way to keep students interested in writing centers.
- Make center time interesting for students and easy for you with this no prep word work center.
- If you are looking for a large bundle filled with writing, math, and reading activities or centers, this is perfect. All activities have either a winter or snow/snowman theme.
- This is a great activity if you are looking for a way for your students to practice with 2D shapes.
- This snowman building activity can help sharpen both literacy and numeracy skills!
Poems are perfect as an all-class activity or in small groups. Whichever size group you choose, there are plenty of activities and centers to go along with these snowman theme poems.
- This printable winter poem can be used for nearly anything. Use it for journaling, poetry notebooks, or a winter play or presentation. This goes well with the pocket chart poetry center below.
- This poetry center goes along with the poem above!
- This singular winter themed poem in a Winter program.
- This poetry center is a great addition to the poem listed above.
- This winter themed poem is printable and can be used for nearly any lesson, activity or center. It goes with the poetry center listed below.
- Ten Little Snowmen Printable Poem: This easy snowman poem for kids is a great addition to your January Math Talks.
Easy Snowman Crafts
Craft time can be a way to break up heavy periods of lessons and sharpen fine motor skills. These easy peasy crafts are perfect for kindergarten!
- A craft and activity in one!
- An adorable poem and an adorable craft!
- This adorable snowman can be made into an ornament if you wish!
- A cute craft stick snowman!
- Marshmallows make this delicious, but use cotton balls if you are looking for a cotton ball snowman craft!
- Children love snowmen puppets!
- This cute snowman craft uses cheap materials!
- This is a cute and personalized snowman craft!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this collection of snowman activities for kindergarten. Before you go, here are more snowman and Winter posts you’ll enjoy: