30 Easy Snowman Activities for Kindergarten
It’s time to celebrate Winter with these easy snowman activities for kindergarten!
Whether you live in a cold or warm climate, winter is so much fun for young children. Kids who live in the cold can have snowball fights, and may even get a snow day off of school! Whereas, those in warmer climates can wish for snow and a snowy day! Regardless of your location, winter can be exciting, and can lead to great learning opportunities for any kindergarten classroom.
Implementing a fun winter theme into lesson plans is a great way to keep students interested. If you check out the rest of this post, we have lists of snowman printables, poems, and crafts available for you. There are so many to choose from for in the classroom or at home with kids.
Parents and classroom teachers needs a large selection of both fun and structured activities for the classroom. Check below for amazing and unique snowman printable and winter bundles! These snowman activities for kindergarten are also great for preschoolers through first grade.
- Snowman Snowman What Do You Need? (Emergent Reader): This predictable reader is perfect for emergent readers. The story has a similar pattern to the Brown Bear Brown Bear books.
- Snowman Literacy and Math: This printable set is full of build a word printables, story response sheets, counting worksheets, and pages full of patterns.
- Snowmen at Night Story Response: This story response sheet and graphic organizer was created for the book Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner.
- Snowmen at Night Read-Aloud Activities: Sharpen literacy skills with this printable or digital read-aloud lesson plan pack.
- Winter Vocabulary Word Cards: These vocabulary word cards are illustrated. They are perfect to laminate and place on your word wall, in a writing center, or use in a pocket chart!
- Kindergarten Math Talks: Snowman and winter theme activities are not only for reading and literacy time!
- Snowman Write the Room: Seasonal writing activities are great way to keep students interested in writing centers.
- Making Words Winter Writing Center: Make center time interesting for students and easy for you with this no prep word work center.
- Winter Bundle for Kindergarten: If you are looking for a large bundle filled with writing, math, and reading activities or centers, this is perfect. All activities have either a winter or snow/snowman theme.
- Sneezy the Snowman Read-Aloud Activities
- Shape Snowman Math Activity: This is a great activity if you are looking for a way for your students to practice with 2D shapes.
- Building Snowmen Activity: This snowman building activity can help sharpen both literacy and numeracy skills!
Poems are perfect as an all-class activity or in small groups. Whichever size group you choose, there are plenty of activities and centers to go along with these snowman theme poems.
- I’m a Little Snowman: This printable winter poem can be used for nearly anything. Use it for journaling, poetry notebooks, or a winter play or presentation. This goes well with the pocket chart poetry center below.
- I’m a Little Snowman (Pocket Chart Poetry Center): This poetry center goes along with the poem above!
- Winter Snowman Bundle
- Chubby Little Snowman Winter Poem: This singular winter themed poem in a Winter program.
- Chubby Little Snowman Pocket Poetry Center: This poetry center is a great addition to the poem listed above.
- Great Big Snowman: This winter themed poem is printable and can be used for nearly any lesson, activity or center. It goes with the poetry center listed below.
- Ten Little Snowmen Printable Poem: This easy snowman poem for kids is a great addition to your January Math Talks.
Easy Snowman Crafts
Craft time can be a way to break up heavy periods of lessons and sharpen fine motor skills. These easy peasy crafts are perfect for kindergarten!
- Listen and Respond Winter Glyph and Snowman Craft: A craft and activity in one!
- Snowglobe Fingerprint Art and Poem: An adorable poem and an adorable craft!
- Paper Plates Snowman Heads:
- Paper Plate Snowman Wreath: This adorable snowman can be made into an ornament if you wish!
- Name Snowman Winter Craft:
- Popsicle Stick Snowman: A cute craft stick snowman!
- Marshmallow Snowman: Marshmallows make this delicious, but use cotton balls if you are looking for a cotton ball snowman craft!
- Paper Bag Snowman Puppet: Children love snowmen puppets!
- Coffee Filter Snowman: This cute snowman craft uses cheap materials!
- Snowman In a Snow Globe Handprint Craft: This is a cute and personalized snowman craft!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this collection of snowman activities for kindergarten. Before you go, here are more snowman and Winter posts you’ll enjoy:
102 Free Snowman Coloring Pages
58 Funny Snowman Jokes for Kids
45 Easy January Crafts for Kids
Diane Lee says
Love all these ideas Sarah…and I miss talking tot you!
Sarah Griffin says
Leaving you and Amanda a message right now! I miss you ladies, too!
Thank you so much for your help . I appreciate it very much. God bless
Sarah Griffin says
You’re so welcome.
maria godman says
You are wonderful and I just love your ideas! You save me on a daily basis!! God bless!!
Sarah Griffin says
Awe, you’re so kind, Maria! Thank you so much! I’m glad to help 🙂