Table of Contents
Let’s kick off the holiday season with some free Christmas kindergarten worksheets. Here, you will find a variety of worksheets and educational activities that are great for kindergarten and 1st grade.
At the bottom of the post, you will find a text link to other popular themed activities, such as Polar Express.
Combined, the following activities are great for Christmas break work.
It’s the time of the year when we can keep learning fun with Christmas activities such as these, and take a break from the traditional classroom routine or homeschool curriculum.
Christmas Coloring Pages
Each of the following free Christmas coloring pages were created by different teacher-authors.
- Christmas Around the World Coloring Page: As you’re gearing up for the holiday festivities in your classroom, this free resource will help you keep all of your fun Holidays Around the World activities together!
- English and Spanish Free Christmas Coloring Pages: A drawing colored by the kids is always a very nice gift they can give to their grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, or teachers.
- Kaleidoscope Christmas Themes Color Worksheets
- Reindeer and Christmas Tree worksheets for coloring: These free coloring pages would be great in a writing center, indoor recess, fun Fridays, Christmas break, and more!
- Snowman, Gingerbread Man, and Christmas Coloring Pages: There are 8 pages of Christmas theme printables included in this freebie.
- Coloring Joke Book for the Christmas Season: This fun 10 page packet is just what you need for rainy (or snowy!) recess days or for downtime. It will keep your little ones busy and thinking – and laughing!
Free Christmas Worksheets for Sight Words
- Christmas Lights Sight Word Book: This sight word book is a great way to get your students reading sight words in a fun, festive way. Included in the book, are 7 pages of Christmas lights to read and color.
- Candy Canes, Ornaments, Roll and Color printable activities: Here are four Christmas themed sight word activities that your class will love! There is a painting activity, candy cane craft, color by sight word, and a Christmas list to write down sight words. The candy canes are editable.
- Literacy Sight Word Tree: Practice sight words with an easy sight word tree cut and paste worksheet. Students can build, glue, and read. A fun, easy reading craft perfect for the chaos of December in the classroom!
- Roll, Read, and Color Sight Word Game: This EDITABLE sight word game in completely auto-fill. Just type in the words on the first page and this worksheet is INSTANTLY produced using the words YOU chose. The amount of variations of this worksheet you can create are ENDLESS!
Free Christmas Literacy Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Christmas Beginning Sound Center: Practice alphabet letters and sounds with these free printable Christmas worksheets. This includes 35 pages of a Christmas theme beginning sounds Literacy Center. Print and laminate pages and then use as a file folder game, with velcro dots, or by itself.
- Word Family Stockings: These Christmas printables are fun as morning work, early finisher games, and more. Students use a pencil and a paperclip to make a spinner. Then they spin, read, and color word families! All word families are printed in lowercase letters. There are 15 word families represented – 3 for each short vowel.
- Gingerbread Man Line Tracing worksheets: These printable worksheets are for young learners who need practice with fine motor, or early writing skills.
- Free Christmas Word Search for Kindergarten and First Grade: Word searches are a fun way for the students’ minds to take a break from the traditional literacy activities.
- My Book of Christmas Words Activity Book: Simple Christmas fun with themed images and themed words to build vocabulary during the holiday season.
Free Christmas Math Pages
- Santa’s Sleigh Drop Subtraction within 10: Santa has loaded his sleigh! Once he is flying, he has trouble keeping all the gifts on-board! Oh dear! He is dropping his gifts out of his sleigh. Help Santa determine how many gifts he has left on his sleigh. This file contains the pages you need to make game boards, question cards and worksheets. Practice simple addition in a fun way!
- No-Prep Christmas Worksheets: Free worksheets for place value, addition, and subtraction to stay in the holiday spirit.
- December Math Center for Number Identification: These fun Christmas time activities are perfect for the little ones needing number recognition practice. Preschool worksheets and games are a fun way to offer intervention to the kids that need more practice. Use kids tweezers to place cotton balls onto Santa’s beard to build the child’s fine motor skills.
- Christmas Measurement Math: The FREE Christmas Measurement Math
- Center provides children with the opportunity to practice measuring Christmas objects using non-standard units of measurement. The fun games include 6 colorful measuring cards and a worksheet for recording answers. Whether it’s your kindergartener or first grader, this is a fun way to build math skills.
- Santa Claus Race and Trace: This number worksheet is so much fun for kindergarten students, and the older kids, too. Get extra practice identifying teen numbers and writing numbers 0-20.
- Gingerbread Tally Marks Clip Cards: This packet includes 21 clip cards to help students count, recognize tally marks, skip counting, counting on, and identifying numbers. Aligned with the common core standards.
Before you leave, here are more Christmas themed posts you will enjoy: