55 Free Halloween Activities (Printables for Kids)
It’s the perfect time of year to have some fun with these free Halloween activities. Kids of all ages love a fun activity and an easy Halloween craft to celebrate this favorite holiday.
These free printables are a great way to keep Halloween fun. The best part about this collection is the variety of activities for prek, kindergarten, first grade, and second graders. Throughout this blog post, you will find fun Halloween activities to help young learners build fine motor skills, math skills, and language art skills. At the end of the blog post, there will more more free Halloween printables created by teachers.
Free Halloween Poem for Kids
If you’re new around here, you’ll quickly learn my love for teaching ELA using poems for kids.
The benefits of poems and nursery rhymes for younger kids are extensive. For example, poems can help build memory, receptive and expressive language skills, concepts of print, vocabulary, creativity, and make learning to read fun!
Little kids love the rhyming and repetition of this 10 Little Witches poem, and are eager to sing and read along. Ten Little Witches is the perfect way to bridge your reading and math activities for these special days!
To get into the Halloween spirit, I’m giving away a FREE Halloween poem for the young kids to enjoy! When you sign up for the Little Learning Corner newsletter, you get the Ten Little Witches poem, free. Grab it, HERE.
Free Halloween Coloring Pages
- Halloween Coloring Pages by Learning with the Owl
- Halloween Color by Number by United Teaching
- Halloween Coloring Pages by Rainbow Sprinkle Studio
- Cat Color by Number by Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas
Free Halloween Word Searches
Older kids love a fun word search to find all the Halloween words. Did you know word searches help develop word recognition, assist in learning context clues, help build pattern recognition, improve visual discrimination, and help with spelling? According to the Gifted Guru,
these benefits are reasons to let kids try word searches from time to time.
- Halloween Word Search Printables by Games 4 Learning
Free Halloween Emergent Readers
- Counting Emergent Reader for Halloween by Jennifer Hier at Early Learning Ideas
- I See Halloween Emergent Reader by Fishy Robb
- Halloween Costumes Emergent Reader by Miss Hellen’s Hippos
- The Costume Parade Emergent Reader by Once Upon a Classroom
Free Halloween Activities for Kids (Language Arts)
These printable activities are spooky fun, and are sure to make Halloween day a fun day!
- Halloween Fact of Opinion by Kaitlynn Albani
- Halloween Vocabulary Words by Clearly Primary
- Monster Snacks: Pronouns by Jenna Rayburn Kirk
- Character Halloween Activities by Missing Tooth Grins
- Treat or Healthy Halloween Food Sorting Activity by Autism Classroom Resources
- Halloween ABC Order Center by The Wise Owl
- Playdoh Mats by Okinawan Girl
- CVC Halloween Word Match by Teacher Tam
- Pumpkin Descriptive Writing by Clutter-Free Classroom
- Reading Comprehension for Halloween by Teaching Biilfizzcend
- Witches Brew Nouns and Adjectives by Clutter Free Classroom
- Boom Cards: Halloween Costume Following Directions with Negation by Very Visual SLP
- Virtual Spelling Words Halloween Scavenger Hunt by Teach and Create Today
- Fall and Halloween Scavenger Hunt by Owl About Speech
Free Math Halloween Printables
- Easy Addition and Subtraction Halloween Worksheets by Mary Had a Little Classroom
- Measuring Bats and Spiders Printables by What I Have Learned
- Going Batty for 10’s: Halloween Addition and Subtraction within 10 by Karen Jones
- Count the Candy Math Center by Mrs. Jones Creation Station
- Boo Bump Halloween Game by SunnyDays
- My Halloween Math Book by JD’s Rockin’ Readers
Free Halloween Crafts
From black cats to ghosts, these easy crafts and craftivities add the perfect Halloween twist to a bulletin board or hallway display. Some are simple crafts, while others include a fun way to incorporate creative writing.
- Skeleton Q-Tip Craft by Teaching in Tongass
- Ghost Craft by Crafty Bee Creations
- Halloween Costume Craft Activity by Babbling Abby
- Bat Craftivity by Khrys Greco
- Monster Slime by Skyler K.
Free Halloween STEM Activities
Here is a collection of some of the best ideas I could find for free Halloween science experiments. We don’t have to worry about a chemical reaction happening in the elementary classroom, but these Halloween science activities are so much fun!
- Witch’s Brew STEM Challenge by Meredith Anderson
- Halloween Science: Dissolving Candy Cane Experiment by The Trendy Science Teacher
- Water Pumpkin Science Activity by Dr. Dave’s Science
- Slime Making Recipe by Kimberly Scott Science
Candy Corn Halloween Activity
- Candy Corn writing craftivity by Laugh Eat Learn
- Halloween Candy Corn Writing Activity (Favorite treats, my costume, and favorite Halloween activities) by Raise the Bar Reading
- Candy Corn Guy Craft by Doodle Bugs Teaching
- Easy Candy Corn Craft by Crafty Bee Creations
- Simply Sweet Candy Corn Authors Purpose Activity by Amy Murdock
- Candy Corn Bag Craft by KatieAnne Creations
Halloween Party Games
Many of the resources above could be used during a Fall or Halloween classroom party. However, if you’re looking for more easy Halloween games, I’ve put together a list of great activities.
The following ideas for Halloween party games are not free. Most are affiliate links for Amazon. This simply means, if you purchase from this list, I will receive a very small commission. This helps pay for my time to put together this blog post full of free Halloween activities.
- Pin the Eye on the Monster
- Spider and Witch Hat Ring Toss
- Halloween Bingo Game
- Pumpkin Bean Bag Toss
- Pin the Spider on the Web
- Pin the Bow Tie on Mr. Bones
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs – Let the kids break open the eggs to discover a dinosaur toy
- Decorate a Pumpkin Sticker Set
- Large Flame Ghost Ring Toss
- Halloween Sack Race, Spoon Race, and 3 legged race
- Double Sided Halloween Dart Ball Game
More Free Halloween Activities for Kids
I want to give a special thank you to the following teacher authors. Together, we have collaborated to bring you a set of monthly freebies. Enjoy our freebies, and be sure to tell everyone thank you!
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
Q-Tip Halloween Painting for Kids // M is for Monster
Haunted House Ghost Count // The Primary Parade
Creepy Creatures Stick Puppets // Teach Me Mommy
Ghost Shapes // Alleah Maree
Ten Little Witches Poem // Little Learning Corner
Halloween Feelings Activities // Fairy Poppins
Halloween Printable Book // The Simplified Classroom
Before you go, here are a few blog posts you will enjoy:
75 Yes or No Questions Kids Love
35 Fun Halloween Facts for Kids
5 Things to Take When Trick-or-Treating