Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
68 Best Virtual Field Trips for Kids
Here you will find a list of the best virtual field trips for kids, ranging from preschool and kindergarten to elementary aged children.
These virtual field trips for kids will leave your kiddos learning about animals, history, community helpers, space, national parks, sports arenas, and farms all over the world! The interactive tour with live webcams are a great way to give the kids a closer look at outer space, an animals natural habitat, and our natural world.
Whether for homeschool, preK, kindergarten, first grade, or second grade, you can quickly find great virtual field trips below with the easy-to-find categories. If you’re looking for a middle school and high school appropriate virtual reality field trip, there will be a few to choose from. Otherwise, these are geared towards the younger children. Can’t find what you are looking for? Leave a comment at the end of the post, and I will gladly search for a fun virtual field trip for kids.
Free Virtual Field Trips Zoo and Animals
- San Diego Zoo: Live animal cameras and instructional activities
- Butterfly Garden: Learn all about butterlies with this 9 minute video of the most beautiful butterfly habitats in the world.
- Animal Shelter: This 8 minute video shows the Kidvision kids learning about the animal shelter and how to adopt a pet
- Miami Zoo
- Emerald Hills Animal Hospital
- Dinosaur Exhibit
- Conservation Biology Institute and the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
The Best Virtual Field Trips to a Farm
During the Fall, most elementary grades take a field trip to a farm. The most popular guided tour school groups are animal farms, apple orchards, and pumpkin patches. Below are virtual field trip experiences your kids will love!
- Dairy Farm: Complete with a downloadable companion activity to get your kids prepared for the virtual field trip of a dairy farm.
- Animal Farm
- Condee Horse Farm: Meet Shorty in this 8 minute virtual tour of a horse farm.
- Dutch Hollow Farm: 50 minute tour of a dairy farm
- Tailview Farm: A 47 minute tour of the Tailview Farm recorded in 2020
- Apple Farm
- Bonnie Plants: Home Depot takes kids on a multi-part virtual field trips to see gardens and plants
- Egg Farm Field Trip
Virtual Field Trips Aquarium
Community Helpers Virtual Field Trips for Kids
Most elementary social studies curriculum integrates community helpers! These virtual tours will support your lessons by offering an interactive experience.
- Ft. Lauderdale Children’s Theater
- Airport: Sit in a cockpit, learn how to fuel a helicopter, and visit an airplane museum
- Construction Site
- Bank: Visit the SunTrust Bank with the KidVision kids
- Television Station: An 8 minute video touring a TV studio with Penny. Learn about green screens, sound and audio boards, and much more.
- Recycling Center: Here’s an 8 minute video touring a recycling center
- Library: Learn about putting books in alphabetical order, how to check out your favorite books, and all the other fun parts of a library.
- Post Office: Learn how to mail a letter
- Fire Station
- Whole Foods Grocery Store
- Police Station
- Boston Children’s Museum
Virtual Field Trips to Food and Candy Shops
- Ice Cream Parlor: Visit Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlor and learn how to order from a menu, choose your favorite toppings, and more sweet fun!
- Chocolate Factory: Take this fun tour with the KidVision kids and Ms. Penny to see how chocolate is made – from the bean to the candy
- How M&Ms are made
- Pizza Shop
- Bakery: A 7 minute video that will take you to a bakeshop and show how cupcakes are made
Virtual Field Trip to Space
The live videos of space exploration are excellent educational activities.
- Visit the Moon: This 23 minute video will take you on a NASA virtual field trip to the moon.
- Kennedy Space Center
- Virtual Tour of Mars (Access Mars)
- Slime in Space
- Google Earth interactive map to get the google street view of any location in the world, such as the Great Lakes, the Liberty Bell, Mexico City, New York City, or the beautiful Yosemite National Park.
- International Space Station
Virtual Field Trips for Learning History
- Pilgrim Life: Learn about games and chores of pilgrim children in the 1620s
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- White House: Take a virtual tour of the white house
- Statue of Liberty
- Railroad Museum: Learn about railroad safety in this 5 minute video by Kid Vision
- Smithsonian National Museum of History : Click to see different areas of the museum as you and the kids walk through this virtual tour.
- Great Wall of China: Although the history behind this extraordinary exhibit is beyond early childhood curriculum, the kids will love the 360-degree view. This virtual tour of the great wall of china would be great when teaching different cultures.
- Mount Rushmore
- Plimoth Plantation: Perfect for your Thanksgiving activities and lessons for kids
- Empire State Building Live Cam
- Ellis Island
Amazing National Parks Virtual Tours
Sports Virtual Field Trips
- Baseball Stadium: This 6 minute video will take you on a virtual field trip to a Baseball Stadium. Meet the team mascot, throw a pitch, and much more.
- Bowling Alley: Join the kids as they go to a bowling alley, learn how to pick out the right ball, and have fun with some strikes!
- Play 60 Football Stadium Virtual Field Trip for Kids
Virtual Field Trips to Oceans
- Hawaii: Learn about Hawaiian art, music, and dance.
- Artic: Explore the arctic for kids and learn about arctic animals and climates
- Coral Reef: See sea turtles, octopus, eels, and more as you explore the coral reef.
Virtual Field Trips to Kids Museum
- Children’s Museum of Atlanta: This was rated amongst the top world-famous museum choices for kids
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Explore STEM and STEAM projects at the National Children’s Museum
I hope you’ve enjoyed this collection of these best places for virtual field trips for kids. Be sure to bookmark this page, so you can easily access it throughout the year. If you’d like to join the Little Learning Corner email crew, sign up HERE to get something new, fun, and helpful every week!
Before you go, here are some popular blog posts you may enjoy: