Table of Contents
Brushing Teeth Songs, Books, and Crafts for Kids
There are many places to find a Brushing Teeth Song to teach your kiddos about Dental Health Month. But here, you will find a collection of songs, a poem, craft ideas, and books.
February is Dental Health Month. After indulging in all the holiday treats, it’s the perfect time to teach kids about dental health.
5 Brushing Teeth Songs
When teaching about Dental Health Month, I liked to pick from a variety of songs about brushing teeth. With the songs posted below, you could teach your kids a new song every week. Or, if you spend a week on Dental Health, you can can play one song per day. The choice is yours.
Here are a few of the best brushing teeth songs on youtube:
- Sesame Street: Healthy Teeth, Healthy Me
- Brush Along with Budd: Brushing Teeth Song and Dance
- Silly Brushing Song (Brush ‘Em Up)
- Brush Your Teeth (Super Simple Song)
- Tooth Brushing Song by Blippi
Teeth Poem for Kids
If you’ve been around here once or twice, chances are, you know I have a love for poetry. I absolutely believe in using poetry and nursery rhymes to get kids excited to read. Once they are excited, the poems and songs become a tool to build concepts of print, fluency, sight words, phonemic awareness, and more. In other words, poems are perfect for building strong readers.
To kick off my lesson plans about Dental Health Month, I use this poem, Brushing My Teeth.
Not only is it great to remind the kids how to brush their teeth, it’s relatable. What kid doesn’t have a parent nagging them to brush good and not rush? When they hear that part of the poem about brushing teeth, they instantly make a connection to text.
Then, as a follow up activity, the kids complete the Brushing My Teeth Build a Poem. This February poetry center is hands on, interactive, and is one the kids will ask to come back to over and over.
The kids use the large print word cards to build the teeth poem. Typically, this can be done in a pocket chart center. However, you don’t need a pocket chart to get them engaged. Simply place the cards and poem on a large table top, or an open floor space, and let them have at it. Build a Poems also make an awesome take-home activity, or homeschool activity for kids in kindergarten, first, and second grade.
10 Books for Dental Health Month
- The Tooth Book
- Brush, Brush, Brush (Preschool age)
- Just Going to the Dentist
- Tooth Poop: The Truth about Dental Cavities
- The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss
- All About Teeth
- Open Wide: Tooth School Inside
- How to Catch the Tooth Fairy
- Pete the Cat and the Lost Tooth
- Loose Tooth: My First I Can Read Book
5 Dental Health Crafts for Preschoolers, K, and First Grade
- Roll, Count, and Cover Tooth Craft by Planning Playtime
- Alphabet Teeth Cleaning Activity by Tot Schooling
- Tooth Graph by Pocket of Preschool
- Parts of a Tooth Art Project by Kindergarten Chaos
- Flossing Alligator by Sight and Sound Reading
Before you go, here are a few blogposts you may enjoy: