Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
75 Best Yes or No Questions for Kids
Yes or no questions are a great activity for getting to know you, starting classroom conversations, starting family conversations, and as a Question of the Day. They also make great journal prompts for kids who need to build their written expression skills.
The next time your kids walk into the room, or sit down at the dinner table, ask them a question, and see what kind of response you get. You’ll find some of these questions are funny, some are factual, and some are thought provoking.
To help you find the questions quickly, I have broken them down into the following groups:
- Funny Questions
- Are Questions
- Is and If Questions
- Have You Questions
- Do You Questions
- Can You Questions
- Would You Ever Questions
Funny Yes or No Questions for Kids
- Would you invite a clown to dinner?
- Have you ever gone to the bathroom outside?
- Would you make slime with chips?
- Have you slept under your bed?
- Can you stay awake all night?
- Would you wear a hot dog costume?
- Have you ever cheated playing a game?
- Would you spend the night at Disney World by yourself?
- Can you build a house out of legos?
- Are you afraid of spiders?
- Are airplanes slow?
- Are strawberries and oranges fruit?
- Are you smarter than your teacher?
- Are brown and black bright colors?
- Are pencils better than markers?
- Is your favorite color blue?
- Is there a TV in your room?
- If you found a pot of gold, would you share it?
- If you broke an egg, can you put it back together?
- If a troll lived under a bridge, would you cross it?
- Is a week longer than a month?
Have You Questions
- Have you been fishing?
- Have you flown a kite?
- Have you been on a water slide?
- Have you been to the dentist?
- Have you been on a boat?
- Have you had a caramel apple?
- Have you ever made a s’mores?
- Have you been on an airplane?
- Have you played in the snow?
- Have you been ice skating?
- Have you ever picked apples off a tree?
Do You Questions
- Do you like lemonade?
- Do you have pockets on your clothes today?
- Do you recycle?
- Do you play in the rain?
- Do you brush your teeth before bed?
- Do you do yoga?
- Do you like school?
- Do you have a piggy bank?
- Do you have a fireplace at home?
- Do you help fold laundry?
- Do you read before bed?
- Do you like to rake leaves?
- Do you dress up for Halloween?
- Do you like green apples?
- Do you like to swim?
- Do you ride scooters?
- Do you play baseball?
- Do you have a brother?
- Do you have a sister?
- Do you have a pet?
- Do you have scissors at home?
- Do you like to paint?
- Do you live in a house?
- Do you make your bed in the morning?
- Do you ride the bus to school?
- Do you walk to school?
- Do you like pancakes?
Can You Questions
- Can you tie your shoes?
- Can you ride a bike?
- Can you eat soup with a fork?
- Can you see in the dark?
- Can you touch your tongue to your nose?
- Can you stretch a brick?
- Can you stand on one foot?
Would You Ever Questions
- Would you want to be a giraffe?
- Would you ever have a pet pig?
- Would you ever want to be a giant?
- Would you ever live in a treehouse?
- Would you ever put juice in your cereal?
- Would you ever go into a castle by yourself?
- Would you ever eat green eggs and ham?
- Would you ever wear your clothes backwards?
- Would you ever go into space?
- Would you ever eat a bug?
Question of the Day
As a kindergarten teacher, Question of the Day was one of my favorite activities to do with the kids. Then, after having kids of my own, I also loved using yes and no questions as a way to start conversations with my daughters.
If you are interested in starting Question of the Day in the classroom, you can check out my blog post, How To Do Question of the Day. I also have a set of 185 yes and no questions that will get you through the entire school year. You can download your printable Question of the Day below.
This Question of the Day has hundreds of 5-star reviews on TPT.
Elizabeth D. said: “I have been wanting to have a Question of the Day activity with my Pre-K students for awhile. I love the looks and content of this purchase. It sure saved me a lot of work.”
Renee P. said: “I’ve been using these questions as a fun, quick way to have students sign in each day during distance learning. I was getting so tired of trying to come up with my own! This is exactly what I was looking for.”
Candace P. said: “These are great! I have already used them and the kids LOVE it! It’s great to see them having conversations about the question while waiting their turn.”
Before you go, here are a few blog posts you would enjoy: